Fair Trade Coconut Crepes
Don’t let the fancy French name fool you; crepes only sound hard to make. This tropically-inspired rendition from Food for my Family blogger Shaina Olmanson is no exception. Made with Fair Trade Certified™ coconut flour and coconut oil, these thin, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes come together in minutes, are dairy- and gluten-free, and support better livelihoods for coconut-farming communities. Serve with sliced Fair Trade Certified strawberries and melted chocolate for an easy dessert or brunch treat that you can feel good about feeding your loved ones.
Prepare the batter
- Sift the coconut flour into a bowl. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Slowly stir in the coconut milk until smooth. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
Make the crepes
- Melt the coconut oil in a crepe pan or skillet and swirl to coat. Pour 2-3 Tbsp of batter onto the skillet and use a flat spatula to spread it into a thin, approximately 8-inch circle. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Use the spatula to flip the crepe and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Repeat the above two steps with the remaining batter.
- Serve the crepes with fresh Fair Trade Certified berries and your desired toppings.