Spicy Fair Trade Shrimp Scampi
There are meals, and then there are one-pot meals. Sophisticated enough for special occasions yet simple enough for weeknights, this shrimp scampi gets a spicy twist thanks to blackened canned tomatoes and a pinch of red pepper. Serve with your favorite crusty bread, or whip up linguine and pile on the goodness. You won't even mind washing the extra pot.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chopped blackened tomatoes, with juice
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 lb Fair Trade Certified™ frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, and de-veined
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- Fair Trade Certified cherry tomato bunches, stems on
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, turning in the pan. Add the canned tomatoes, juice, wine, sugar, and capers and cook until lightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and red pepper flakes. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and toss the cherry tomatoes in olive oil in a separate baking sheet. Place 6 inches under the broiler. Cook until blistered.
- Serve in the skillet or baking dish, topped with the blistered cherry tomatoes, with hearty bread and a green salad.