Holiday Pizza Wreath
Elevate your family pizza night this holiday season with a festive pie that is sure to bring cheers. Brightly colored Fair Trade Certified™ red and green bell peppers add a healthy bite to the indulgent cheese-stuffed crust. But don’t stop there! Get creative and have fun adding a variety of your favorite fair trade toppings.
Interested to learn more about where fair trade veggies come from? Visit our partner Oppy who supplies some of the Fair Trade Certified produce featured in this recipe.
Recipe appears in: Fair Trade Holiday Recipes
Photo: Half Baked Harvest via tbsp.
- 1 (13 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 8–9 cheese sticks
- 1 (25 oz) jar organic pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 fair trade red bell peppers, 1 diced and 1 sliced
- 1 fair trade green bell pepper, diced
- 2 oz spiced salami, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauces for dipping and serving (Ranch dressing, Balsamic vinegar, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Unroll the pizza crust dough and shape it in into a ball. Allow the dough to rest 5 minutes and then roll it out into a large circle.
- Slice the cheese sticks in half lengthwise and place them around the edges of the pizza dough. Roll the edges up and over the cheese, pinching the dough to seal in the cheese.
- Using a large 4½ inch circle cookie cutter or a sharp knife, cut a circle out of the middle of the dough. Use the leftover dough to fill in any thin spots around the wreath.
- Spread the pizza with sauce and then sprinkle with cheese. Add the arugula and diced red and green peppers. Sprinkle with a little more Mozzarella cheese and then add the salami slices.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. While the pizza is baking, cut slices of the remaining red pepper in strips and arrange them in the shape of a bow.
- Garnish the pizza with fresh arugula and Parmesan cheese. Place the pepper bow at the top. Serve with Balsamic vinegar, Ranch dressing and extra pizza sauce if desired.