Choice Organic Teas Mulled Wine with Black Forest Tea
Honey, spice and everything nice.
Mulled wine meets Fair Trade Certified™ black tea in this rendition of the holiday classic, brought to you by Choice Organic Teas. A little earthy, a little sweet, this recipe packs a punch in more ways than one: Each aromatic cup empowers tea farming communities to invest in critical projects like education, healthcare, and transportation. Use additional Fair Trade Certified ingredients like honey, cinnamon sticks, and spices to spread even more holiday cheer—perfect for warming the body and the soul.
- 1 bottle dry red wine (like Cabernet)
- 2 cups water 4 tea bags Choice Organic Teas Wild Forest Black
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Fair Trade Certified Organic Honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 4 Frontier Co-op Fair Trade Certified Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp whole cardamom pods
- 1 tsp Frontier Co-op Fair Trade Certified Organic Ground Cloves
- Steep tea bags in boiled water for up to 5 minutes.
- Pour bottle of wine into large stock pot along with tea, honey, orange juice, cranberries, fruit slices, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, and cloves.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat until simmering and hot.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with fruit from the pot or fresh pieces of fruit if you like.
Optional: add a touch of brandy to each serving for an extra kick.