Classic Salad Nicoise with Fair Trade Tuna
Nicoise (pronounced "nee-SUAHZ") salad is essentially the French equivalent of the American Cobb salad, and every bit as versatile. This variation layers Fair Trade Certified™ tuna atop a bed of arugula, cherry tomatoes, boiled egg, and roasted potatoes, all tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette. We recommend dressing the salad while the potatoes are still warm to help them absorb the all the flavor. Serve as is again and again, or play with different combinations of veggies, like Fair Trade Certified zucchini or cucumber, for an endless rotation of easy, healthy meals.
- 1½ lbs small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
- 2 bunches arugula, ends trimmed, washed and dried
- 2 cans Fair Trade Certified skipjack tuna, drained
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in half
For the lemon vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes. Cook until potatoes are lightly browned and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Make the lemon vinaigrette by whisking together the lemon juice, Dijon, salt and pepper, and oil.
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula with 2 Tbsp vinaigrette. Arrange tomatoes, arugula, tuna, and olives on platter and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve.