Fair Trade Shrimp and Potato Tacos
You like po-TAY-to, and we like po-TAH-to...with Fair Trade Certified™ shrimp, in a fluffy tortilla, of course. Whichever pronunciation you like, you and your family will love these shrimp and potato tacos from Chef Marnely Murray. The Cooking with Books blogger gives the classic Latin American dish a sustainable upgrade with grilled fair trade shrimp, which supports shrimp fishermen in Altata Bay, Mexico with fundamental rights, a voice in their communities, and extra income with every sale. The result? A hearty, satisfying meal that you can feel good about serving again and again.
For the taco filling
- 4-5 lbs Fair Trade Certified shrimp, defrosted
- 2 lb potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil and spices to coat evenly. Wrap potatoes in foil and make into a packet. Roast on top of the grill until golden-brown and tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Drizzle shrimp with olive oil and place on the grill. Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Peel the warm shrimp (if using head-on shrimp). Layer all ingredients on a warm tortilla and serve with jasmine rice.