Giant Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Move over, chocolate chip
The creamy toffee perfectly balances with bittersweet and semisweet chocolate in these treats. Thankfully you can whip these cookies up in no time at all; easy and simple for the entire family to enjoy.
If you share a serious cookie obsession like we do, be ready to add this to your list of addicting pleasures.
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 pound bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet Fair Trade Certified Chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups (packed) Fair Trade Certified sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBSP Fair Trade Certified vanilla
- 5.1 4-ounce chocolate covered English toffee bars (such as Heath) (coarsely chopped)
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Stir chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in bowl until thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then toffee and nuts. Chill batter until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. Drop batter by ¼ cupfuls onto sheets, spacing 2 ½ inches apart. Bake just until tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to the touch, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheets. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
Yield: 18 Cookies