Glazed Fair Trade Citrus Salmon Filet
Your favorite flaky fish is dressed to impress in this fancy-looking filet recipe. Broiled Fair Trade Certified™ salmon is coated in citrus glaze and studded with sliced oranges and lemons for a bright, balanced main course that pairs perfectly with a green salad and Fair Trade Certified quinoa. But don't let the gorgeous presentation fool you; it takes a mere 10 minutes to make. Serve at your next family gathering, work potluck, or heck, for dinner tonight, and bask in loved ones' praise.
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp orange marmalade
- 2 large navel oranges, sliced
- 2 large blood oranges, sliced
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 Fair Trade Certified salmon filet
- Salt and coarsely cracked black pepper
- Position the oven rack to the second highest track and preheat the oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, pepper, and marmalade. Set aside.
- Season the filet with salt. Place salmon fillet on broiling pan, roasting pan lid, or heat-proof serving dish. Cook for 7 minutes under the preheated broiler, or until desired brownness is reached.
- Gently pull the rack out of the oven and brush the salmon with the vinegar marmalade mixture. Add the citrus fruit slices. Broil for 2 minutes more. Remove from broiler just before they are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh greens and an additional squeeze of citrus juice, and serve.