Honey Lemon Salmon
Sweet meets savory in this healthy main from Feel Good Foodie blogger Yumna Jawad. Yumna pan-fries salmon to crispy perfection and slathers on a tangy sauce made from honey and lemon juice. Serve atop a leafy green salad for a quick, nutritious meal that’s perfect for the warmer months. The best part? The Alaskan-caught salmon is Fair Trade Certified™, so each purchase supports healthy oceans and sends additional funds to fishing communities right here in the United States. A “Feel Good” dish on all fronts.
- 1/4 cup Fair Trade Certified honey
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 (6-oz) Fair Trade Certified salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp Fair Trade Certified coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon skin-side down, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, skin is crispy, and salmon easily releases from the pan with a spatula, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add honey-lemon sauce to the pan, flip the salmon, and baste the salmon with the sauce. Continue cooking until salmon is just barely pink in the center and easily lifts from the pan, about 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and parsley. Serve with salad, if desired.