Maldivian Red Curry Tuna
Heat up your dinner game the sustainable way. This dish bathes roasted Fair Trade Certified™ tuna steaks, red pepper, and pea pods in a coconut curry sauce with just the right amount of spice. Serve over a bed of white rice or riced cauliflower and garnish with cilantro. Craving a little extra heat? Add a drizzle or two of chili pepper oil. A vibrant, comforting meal that comes together in under 45 minutes.
For the coconut curry sauce
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup cilantro stems (about 1½ bunches), well-rinsed and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup lime juice, reserving the zest of the lime
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 (4-oz) jar Thai red curry paste, mild
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the tuna
- 1 cup red pepper, seeded, de-veined, and sliced
- 1 cup pea pods, rinsed
- 6 (6-oz) Fair Trade Certified Maldivian yellowfin tuna steaks, cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Steamed rice
- Chili pepper oil, if desired
- Make the coconut red curry sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, sugar, cilantro stems, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, curry paste and olive oil and process for 30 seconds. Transfer a 4-qt stock pot.
- Position an oven rack on the lower level and preheat the oven to 425°F. Add the tuna, red pepper, and pea pods to the stock pot. Bake for 30 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and additional lime juice.
- To serve, spoon the curry mixture into four individual bowls. Garnish with cilantro. Pass with the rice and the chili oil.