Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Rum and Maple
All the goodness of pumpkin spice, drizzled with warm caramel apple butter. You're welcome.
If you're as obsessed with pumpkin spice as we are, this is the dessert for you. Acclaimed baker and longtime Fair Trade advocate Stefani Pollack of Cupcake Project combines Fair Trade Certified spices and sugar with maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and rum for a flavor-packed cake base. Drizzle with her delightfully easy-to-make apple butter caramel icing, and you've got a dessert that will have family and friends licking the crumbs from their plates.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp Fair Trade Certified Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tsp Fair Trade Certified Organic Ginger
- 2 tsp Fair Trade Certified Organic Nutmeg
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups Fair Trade Certified Organic Cane Sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Cupcake Project apple butter caramel icing (You'll need about 1/2 of a recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Mix in the oil, rum, and maple syrup.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake about 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Set bundt pan out on the counter to cool for 15 minutes, then invert and drizzle with apple butter caramel icing.