Raspberry Hand Pies
This kid-friendly recipe embraces the beauty of simplicity.
Just as fun to make as they are to eat, these hand pies are a perfect way to create memories in the kitchen. With a short ingredients list that includes Driscoll's Fair Trade Certified™ berries and sugar, this recipe is kid friendly and people and planet friendly, too.
Discover retailers selling fair trade ingredients online or in-store using our Where to Find Fair Trade guide.
Recipe appears in: Fair Trade Holiday Recipes
For the crust
- 2 pie crusts, ready-made or homemade
- 1 large egg, beaten
For the filling
- 2 pkg (6 oz each) Driscoll's fair trade raspberries
- ¼ cup fair trade granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts and cut 20 round circles of dough, each 3½ inches. Reroll scraps as necessary. Place dough circles on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Stir together raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla until berries just begin to release their juices and mixture is evenly blended.
- Brush half of dough circles with egg and top with an even amount of raspberry mixture. Use small cookie cutters to cut shapes out of remaining dough circles then place on top of dough circles with raspberry filling and press firmly around edges to seal (or seal with fork). Brush tops of hand pies with remaining egg and bake about 20 minutes or until pies are golden. Let cool slightly before serving or cool completely.