Roasted Fair Trade Butternut & Acorn Squash with Chimichurri
Our favorite fall veggie drizzled in a tangy sauce.
Nothing says fall quite like squash, yet when we plan our holiday meals it’s often overlooked in favor of other, less nutritious side dishes (stuffing, we’re looking at you!). This year, make a little extra room at your harvest table for an instant classic. In this recipe brought to you by Stefan Moedritzer, delicate crescents of acorn and butternut squash are roasted to perfection and drizzled in Chimichurri sauce for a dish that's both healthy AND brimming with the flavors of the season. Your only regret will be not trying it sooner.
- 1 Fair Trade Certified butternut squash, medium-sized
- 1 Fair Trade Certified acorn squash, medium-sized
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of red wine or sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup Fair Trade Certified cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Fair Trade Certified parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Fair Trade Certified mint, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced Jalapeno (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut each squash in half and remove seeds, then cut each half into ½-inch wedges. Lay wedges on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with ¼ cup of olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fork can easily pierce through thickest part of squash.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except for the plain yogurt, into a large bowl. Stir until well incorporated. Season to taste with additional salt and Jalapeno.
- Spread squash on a plate in single layer. Drizzle with plain yogurt. Spoon Chimichurri over squash and yogurt and serve.