Seared Fair Trade Scallops with Angel Hair Pasta
Sustainably sourced scallops smothered in garlic butter and tossed with veggies and prosciutto.
As the holidays approach and our households fill with hungry guests night after night, we’re grateful for one-dish meals such as this one. Our friends at Hy-Vee sear delicate Fair Trade Certified™ scallops to golden brown, toss them with veggies, prosciutto, and a butter-garlic sauce, and heap them atop a bed of angel hair. It’s elegant, fast, and sure to spark meaningful conversation since your Fair Trade Certified scallops purchase sends additional funds back to fishermen right here in the United States. A simple, delicious way to spread holiday cheer from your dinner table to communities in need.
- 10 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 18 Fair Trade Certified sea scallops, thawed
- 1/3 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 1½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Fair Trade Certified black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown; transfer to a platter and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook prosciutto for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, stirring often. Add scallops and pasta, tossing to thoroughly combine. If desired, garnish each serving with basil.