Smoked Salmon with Chive Cream Cheese
Looking for a party dish that has heart? There's an app(etizer) for that. In this festive recipe, Fair Trade Certified™ smoked salmon takes the tried-and-true appetizer platter to delicious new heights alongside homemade chive cream cheese, cucumbers, and other Fair Trade Certified produce. Serve with crackers and sliced baguettes for a crowd pleaser that requires little effort but makes a big impression—on your guests and global communities.
- 8 oz Fair Trade Certified sliced cured or smoked wild Alaskan salmon, lox, or gravlax
- ½ medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Fair Trade Certified tomatoes, sliced
- 12 caper berries, rinsed
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus dill sprigs for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
For the chive cream cheese
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Make the chive cream cheese. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add chopped chives, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until fully incorporated. Scrape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. Transfer cream cheese into a small ramekin.
- Arrange salmon, onion, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, capers, and lemon wedges on a platter. Sprinkle with chopped dill and pepper.