Superfood Hot Cocoa with Coconut Whipped Cream
Winter sniffles just met their match.
Sip yourself healthy...with chocolate? You heard correctly. This delicious hot cocoa from chef and Cooking with Books blogger Marnely Murray is packed with ingredients that fortify the immune system like nutmeg, cocoa powder, and turmeric. With a luscious coconut and cashew milk base, it’s as indulgent as it is healthy. Make for your next holiday party or as an after-school treat for the kids – only you’ll know it’s good for them. Winter sniffles averted.
- 1 quart Pacific Foods Fair Trade Certified Unsweetened Cashew Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 tsp Fair Trade Certified vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Fair Trade Certified Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp each Fair Trade Certified Ground Ginger and Fair Trade Certified Ground Turmeric
- ¼ tsp each Fair Trade Certified Black Pepper, Fair Trade Certified Nutmeg, cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Fair Trade Certified Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp adaptogenic (mushroom) powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 can, full-fat coconut milk
- Chill the can of coconut milk overnight.
- In a sauce pan, simmer the cashew beverage and vanilla until warm and add cocoa powder, spices, and sugar. Whisk and bring to a slow simmer.
- Remove ¼ cup of the liquid and in a small cup, dissolve the cornstarch in this. Pour it back in and whisk vigorously until creamy.
- Serve hot in mugs - to make coconut whipped cream, remove the top solicited coconut milk and whisk with blender, food processor, or immersion blender until fluffy.
- Top hot cocoa with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!