Savory Tomato, Bell Pepper, and Herb Bread
Seeking a hearty baked good to bring to a potluck for your friends or coworkers? Look no further. This French-inspired savory bread loaf recipe is easy to make, easy to transport and all too easy to share. Made with ethically sourced tomatoes and bell peppers, the flavorful Fair Trade goodness in this herb loaf will satisfy your palate and put your mind at ease.
You can also swap in other Fair Trade vegetables, such as zucchini, depending on the season and your cravings.
- 100 g all purpose flour
- 50 g corn starch
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk 100 g black olives (cut in halves)
- 2 small Fair Trade Certified tomatoes, diced
- 2 Fair Trade Certified bell peppers, diced (roasted with skin removed)
- 1 tsp of Herbs de Provence
- 8 oz mozzarella diced
- 100 g shredded cheese (parmesan or swiss suggested)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan. Mix the flower, corn starch and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk and olive oil and mix well with a whisk or a fork until the batter is liquid and without any lump. Then combine the tomatoes, bell peppers, mozzarella, olives and shredded cheese.
- Pour the batter into a buttered loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes or longer. Let the bread cool in the pan before slicing, then serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 minutes. Cook time: 40 min. Serves 6 people.