Fair Trade Tomato Bruschetta
Fair trade tomatoes are the crown jewel of this simple summer appetizer.
Bruschetta, a classic Italian appetizer, is a perfect way to experience the flavors of summer like ripe tomatoes, fresh herbs, and garlic, and this recipe by Jacobs Farm Del Cabo hits all the right notes. Simply combine all your ingredients a few hours ahead of time, then spoon over toast or grilled bread. It's a simple recipe that allows the flavors of quality ingredients to shine through.
- Fair Trade Certified tomatoes: Your choice of 8 Roma tomatoes, diced, OR 1½ to 2 pints cherry tomatoes (any variety), quartered, OR 6 to 8 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, finely minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 baguettes, cut in ½-inch-thick slices
- 6 cloves garlic, cut in half
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except for bread and garlic cloves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to stand unrefrigerated for 3 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and toast the bread on a baking sheet.
- Rub the cut side of garlic on each slice, then top with the tomato mixture.