Fair Trade Tuna Salad Toast with Pomegranate
Your favorite childhood lunch is all grown up. Served open-faced on your favorite whole-grain or rye bread, this sustainable Fair Trade Certified™ tuna is dressed up with tart pickled red onions, bright pomegranate seeds, and fresh greens. And it couldn't be more convenient—the tuna salad can be made ahead of time for a spur-of-the-moment lunch or appetizer. *sniff sniff* They just grow up so fast...
- 1 (8 oz) can Fair Trade Certified tuna, drained
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices crusty whole-grain bread, toasted
- ½ cup pickled red onion
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Fresh greens
Makes 4 toasts
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Fold in eggs.
- Top each bread slice with 3/4 cup tuna mixture. Garnish toasts with red onion, pomegranate seeds, and greens. Serve!