Vegan Pumpkin Sage Gnocchi
If you thought pumpkin was best reserved for pie, think again. This pumpkin and sage gnocchi from Pacific Foods is the perfect savory application for your holiday table. Not only is it vegan and dairy free; it’s made with Fair Trade Certified™ cashew milk, so you can be confident that each bite builds a better future for the people who grew and harvested the nuts. Serve as part of a medley of festive sides, or on its own for a filling, feel-good meal.
- 1 package gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours or overnight
- ½ cup Fair Trade Certified plant-based beverage
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 sage leaves, plus more to garnish
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy cream
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender, about 5–7 minutes.
- Transfer sauteed garlic and onion to a high-speed blender. Add soaked raw cashews, cashew plant-based beverage, vegetable broth, pumpkin puree, four sage leaves, and sea salt and pepper. Blend on highest speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer pumpkin sauce to a pot and warm on the stove.
- While pumpkin sauce warms, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Once gnocchi is cooked, divide across four bowls and cover with pumpkin sauce. Garnish with sage leaves, drizzle with coconut cream, and enjoy.